Monday, March 4, 2013

#BSURUNSCIAA

Wow. The weekend I had was amazing. I went to Charlotte for the CIAA Tournament. I was excited to go because it was going to be a nice ending to my senior season that had already been butchered thanks to Ovarian Cancer. So Thursday morning I made the trip to Charlotte with Vivica. Thursday Night the men played Lincoln University of PA and they won! Friday night they played Winston Salem State University and they won again. They were going to the championship!!!! My freshman year the women's team made it but since then we have not made it past the semi finals with either team. Saturday night the arena was packed and the men won!!! Bowie State University are the men's 2013 basketball champions. Can you say bragging rights for the year. That wasn't even the best part being apart of the routine on super Saturday was amazing. It was a movie, when the entire bobcats arena stood up and applauded me and the way I am standing up to cancer. It was everything I could have ever needed. I got compliments from SWV, Hosea Chanchez (Malik from The Game), Mr. CIAA and pretty much every one else at the arena. It was awesome. To see that all these people that had no idea who I was prior to me tumbling out and hopping in the performance were showing me so much love. They were so inspired by my energy and my spirit it was amazing. I loved this weekend it gave me nothing but positive energy going in my week of chemo. Lets see how long this high lasts.

XOXO,

Marecya

























Follow Me Here

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing weekend you had!!! A Bowie alum clooeage told me they won because she remembered you too are Bowie...wait til I show her these pics!!! You look fantastic!!! You are sooo amazing and always have been Recya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so faithful to you Marecya
    He keeps blessing you over and over and over again don't loose sight of that

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WERE AMAZINGGG!!!! You're story is an inspiration to EVERYONE!!! You're strength is more than commendable. I send you my heart,prayers,hugs and kisses!!! #FuckYoCancer #ItObviouslyCantHoldYouBack #KeepBeingAmazing

    ReplyDelete