Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lead, Follow, Or...

So here I am a year later from the beginning of my blog and I can't even tell you how many friends I have lost and enemies I have gained. I never thought having cancer was soothing to be envious. I mean lets be real - I was bald, yes my hair is growing back but its a bush, there really is nothing cute about that. Thats aside from the fact that people just always assume my life is sunshine and bunny rabbits. I know I always have a smile on, however sorry to burst everyones bubble but that is not the case.

When your diagnosed with somthing like cancer even when people think your life is back to normal its not. Cancer is not like getting shot or falling off a bike where as your injured you have surgery and you get well. It's a constant battle between life and death and cancer is always trying to win. You have to stay away from cancer foods, and cancer causing agents because you already have  higher chance to get cancer again. Most of all I hate when people say I use cancer as a crutch. WTF?!?!?! A crutch, you have got to be kidding me. I have two surgeries, chemo, I'm bald headed Susie for a year and people think I enjoy being sick.

In reality people who don't face what we survivors face have some nerve chiming in on what we experience . I rarely use the word hate but I HATE when outsiders claim to know the feeling. The smiles we put on for you all is so that you don't treat us like contagious aliens. Yet still somehow someway we are still the ones who want to be sick. I really wish people were less jerks, and more considerate of how even though we may smile our lives may be in complete shambles.

Regardless of how people may make it seem we do not use cancer as a crutch, it just is what is it. Contrary to popular belief it does in fact consume most of our lives, and if you can't get with that then you should really get out of the way. If you cannot be 100% supportive through the good, bad, the ugly, and the unthinkable then you should really reconsider being in any of our lives. I'm all for people supporting me on my journey, but really people lets be real this is some heavy stuff that everyone is not cut out for. So if you don't want to hear me when I am depressed, and only would like to be with me when I am uplifting, you may exit stage left. When it comes down to it we have, can and will stand without those who are not meant to be bystanders through cancer.

So you can pick, you can lead us, follow us or get the hell out the way.

XOXO,

Marecya

Follow Me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment