Thursday, November 28, 2013

What do you have to be thankful for???

What do you have to be thankful for? Life, your health, your loved ones? What does thankful even mean. Sometimes I don't even know what to be thankful for and then I take a breath. When I look back on the past 2 years of my life I don't have anything to be thankful for I have cancer, lets be real. Then I pause and reflect and I have so much to be thankful for. I have cancer and I hate that it consumes my life, but I have a life. I have a life to live, and I have people to make me smile. I have classes to go to and shoes to save up for. I am THANKFUL for My lord and savior for keeping me through my storms. If I told you how many times I didn't want to continue in life you would probably be shocked.

Yesterday someone I love and admire very much told me I wish you were actually this strong person you portray yourself to be sometimes. It clicked right there I know I stay strong for everone else but I never stay strong for myself. I never take the time to tell Marecya that it's going to be okay. Mentally I am scarred and I need someone to remind me I am normal. I legit feel crazy sometimes, but oddly enough that's what I am thankful for. It reminds me that I am normal to not be okay, because if all that I have been through has not made me a little crazy then, something is wrong. So I give thanks for my struggle and my story. I am thankful for my suffering durring my cancer. I am thankful for my internal issues. I am thankful to God that I have a story and I am thankful for my life. I am thankful for my cancer.

Most of all I'm thankful for God keeping me through it all and never once letting me down.

XOXO,

Marecya

Follow Me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment