Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy Anniversary

One year ago today I was preparing for the biggest day of my life. I was going under the knife to remove a tumor that was wrapped around my right ovary that was potentially cancerous. Around 3 pm I was checked in and they were running a few pre op tests on me. I was so scared for what what going to happen. The days leading up to my surgery were intense. April 1st marked an anniversary of my God sister passing. April 2nd my grandmother's oldest sister passed away. Antie (Momo's sister) was pretty much my boo, and I did not take her passing well at all. I wanted to go to her funeral, but I had surgery on Thursday needless to say it was not a good week.

One year ago today I was in a different point then I am now. Over a year I have been forced thanks to cancer to be stronger, wiser, and more secure with myself then ever. Over a year I have had to be the backbone for many people around me. Over a year I have mentally stressed myself out and come dangerously close to giving up and giving in. Over the past year I have cried and cried and cried. Over the past year I have tried to distance myself from God, and he has pulled me in closer then ever. Over the past year I have become determined to be a survivor. My faith has told me one thing through it all God will never give up on me. So if I have the most high fighting so hard for me then how dare I give up on myself. Now is it hard, yes. Do I get frustrated, yes. Do I want to give up, heck yes. It has been a year since my first surgery, and the days just get harder and harder, but I keep trying and I keep fighting. I'm not going to die because of cancer, just in case you were wondering. I am and have always been a fighter.

Thanks for all those who have showed my support over the past year, you all have given me so much inspiration and love it means the world to me. I also thank God for being the only one on my line 24/7. Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. That verse right there is why I cant help but give him all the glory for all he has done and is going to do in my life. Cancer is an ugly thing that has the ability to make people even more ugly, however with the support of family and friends and most of all God on my side i'm making it, and I thank God everyday he allows me to make it one more day.

Happy Surgeryversary to me! My next Happy Anniversary will be the one when i'm  CANCER FREE!

XOXO,

Marecya

Follow Me Here

2 comments:

  1. Wow is all I can say I'm lost for words honestly. You're a strong person i start there it takes a lot for someone to share there story. It's not easy dealing with a live changing event. Everything around you is different certain things you use to do you can't do it anymore. You already know what you had to do so hearing it from the daily person everyday saying be strong and fight through it you'll be ok. But at the end of the day they really don't know what you feel in side they don't know what's going on deep down. Yes words of encouragement is ok and helps, but it's nothing like having that person you can connect with that's understands. I look at it like this everything happens for a reason wether its to help some through something reaching out, or wether its to humble yourself or slow yourself down. "I/we can do all through Christ who strengthens us. Philippians 4:13" keep that strong gesture, keep that positive attitude, keep that smile going with god that's all you need by your side. Ill be following your blog and blogging with you. You're story is amazing .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mareyca, Everything about your spirit has always been strong! Keep fighting girlie and as you already said God won't put you through anything you can't handle. Even though I haven't talked to you in a long time, know that I'm am praying for you! I read all your blog posts and you are amazing to say the least. Tell the family I said hi!

    Cidney King

    ReplyDelete