Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Your Dash

There is no reason I went off the grid this past week the way I did other than pure exhaustion. Last Sunday I went with my Auntie Yvette on a quick trip to Farmville, VA to check on her mother who was being admitted to the hospital. The 4 hour trip made in 3 hours Auntie Yvette was on edge. I can almost always read Auntie Yvette but in the car I could tell nothing other than she was purely terrified of the realization that this could very well become the worst possible scenario situation for her mother. Then I knew she thought of Markus in school at Mississippi State who was studying for his finals, and of her sister who was on the west coast. All of these thing surrounded her thoughts and I could see them on her face. When we arrived to the hospital the doctor expressed to us how sick she truly was, the hole in her large intestine was poisoning her and she was going to be in critical condition for the next several hours.

Monday morning Ms. Evelyn went home to be with the Lord. As Auntie Yvette struggled to keep herself together, I quickly strengthened up for the both of us. What I have learned this past week about death is that if anything it comes in time to be the peace that we all are lacking. Timing is key to all things and God's timing never falls short of anything less than perfect. Death is the most terrifying thing in my opinion. Although I fully believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins so I can have everlasting life. Although all this is true the reality of the situation is that everyone dies. People live to die. The most important thing about life is what you do with the few short years we have on this earth. I'm sure most of my blog readers has herd of the poem "The Dash" if  you have not you must read it. The poem is about death and how the dash between your sunrise and sunset represents life, moreover what you do with that dash.

When you die what will people say about you. How will people honor you at your funeral, will people speak highly of you or will your death go unnoticed. Death will come to us all but until then we all have to live life like we will not die. Live life like your going to impact the world, life like everyone will remember you for what you have done. That is what my dash will mean. My dash will stand for everyone who became aware of my efforts to raise awareness for Ovarian Cancer. When I die my family will mourn but they will remember my dash. I will remember Ms. Evelyn's dash along with the rest of my loved ones will I will see sooner then later. People want to know why I have not let cancer rule my life because I want my dash to speak more than cancer I want my dash to speak life. What will your dash say about you, will it speak life or death.

The Dash By: Linda Ellis

XOXO,
Marecya

Follow Me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment