Saturday, February 16, 2013

On Instagram Straight Flexin

On Wednesday my best friend Jasmine and I planned a nice little girls night. It was going to be nothing big we just wanted to hang, maybe grab a redbox, have a cute little evening. Well that's exactly how it began and it ended pretty epic. Jasmine always said when my hair goes so does hers, and ladies and gentleman on Wednesday at like 10:30 at night we became two bald girls. Shout out to our barber, because one wrong snip and Tori would have had Jasmine looking crazy. After we got our haircuts we immediately whipped out our make up and went to work on our faces. The finished product was pure beauty, not only because we actually are beautiful girls, but because our friendship was beaming through our skin pours.

After a quick photo shoot and pic stitch assembly the only thing that was missing from both of us hitting the upload button were captions, which we all know must be perfect. After a little word play our pictures were on Instagram to see. Now pay attention because this is where the story gets crazy, within in seconds our pictures had hundreds on likes with in hours, tons of re-post's, and comments galore. Between our two pages we have over 2,000 likes on something we thought was normal. All the love we received from the picture was crazy, so many people were directed to my blog to see my story and check me out and be informed about the only reason as to why they are even looking at this picture. OVARIAN CANCER!

That feeling was unreal. If you go back to my very first blog post you get your answer, everyone wants to know why I decided to blog, if for YOU!!! I want to make everyone aware of what is happening right in front of them, and if the only way to do it is from this computer right here then so be it. This cancer caught me off guard, nothing more, and nothing less, and if by reading my blog maybe you catch a symptom a little earlier than you would have otherwise, I am a happy camper. All in all I love the positive feed back from Instagram, we are raising awareness for Ovarian Cancer one step at a time. So my check list is all checked off. Hair cut, check. Girls night, check. Raising awareness for Ovarian Cancer, check. Mission Accomplished.

See the IG post for your own eyes @Jay_Butler @Psst_heyguys


XOXO,
Marecya




















Follow Me Here

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl its Fred I just wanted to tell you that I am so proud of you at work me and allen talk about you every day! We just love to see you pushing... One thing to know about me is that cancer is something that I can some what relate to cancer runs in my family my mom, my gma, my great gma, my uncle, and my aunt so they are my motivation most of all my mom but now you have became one of my biggest motivations as well! I know there were some times where you didnt like me but I just wanted to say you are a great person I will be here for you and will rock teal for you and my bestfriend lil ron moms as well... stay strong and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. So after I cried and cried and laughed and cried I realize how awesome God truly is. I dont know you I've never met you but I know you're a Godsend. Your story has completely changed my outlook on so many things all the way down to the fact that I have been complaining about graduating in 2015 & I graduated hs in 2008 so I feel I'm three years behind my graduating class.continue sharing this story. I'm praying for you if you ever want to just cry or laugh just remember there's this crazy red head church girl in austin tx praying for you daily.
    Xoxo

    Corinne

    ReplyDelete