Sunday, February 3, 2013

Teal really is a big deal.

Last night during the men's basketball game Coach T does what she does best she embarrasses people. Lol. Just kidding she announced to the audience about my cancer and to read my blog and while I was standing there with Coach D and Jessica I realized this was real. I have these moments ever so often when I realize my cancer is real and it's not a bad dream. She read the first excerpt from my blog and the outpouring of love and support was crazy people I don't know, people from the other school praying for me. I'm so humble to have so many people praying for me there was one particular woman that gave me a donation and gave me a huh and she whispered in my ear "you keep your spirit alive even if your body is dying, once that spirit dies you die" I was alive in the summertime yesterday like something serious! My teammates all had on teal socks and teal ribbon. The men's basketball coaches all had on teal bow-toes and team ribbons the president of the university and his wife had on teal for me and gave me their support. It was like a movie.

Cancer is real not just ovarian cancer, CANCER PERIOD! Irregular cells in your body can and are trying to kill you, I mean hello people wake up and smell the saline drip during chemo. Everyone needs to be more prepared and aware for cancer. Like I said before I'm here to help you and inform you of everything that can happen no need for us all to suffer right. But anyone who was at the game that is reading this post your awesome and thank you for an amazing game last night! Shout out to the men's team for the win and shout out to everyone supporting me Thanks for all the donations for the nonprofit. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! You have no clue what last night was to and for me. Pics are below sorry for the screen shots from Instagram but I had to get the pictures somehow.

XOXO,
Marecya









Follow Me Here

4 comments:

  1. That was so sweet of them! Great to have those you have supported and cheered on for years, support you! #TeamRecya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..what an amazing outpouring of love!!!! You had to be so boosted that you wanted to run on the court and do some flips and then make a 3good pointer!!! God uses his people to extend love to us...it is More than evident that YOU ARE LOVED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://youtu.be/Fxe05Pa29nM I've been keeping up with your blog, once Jess posted it on Twitter! This song made me think of you, and I'm posting it to encourage you :) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete