Monday, January 7, 2013

And The Journey Begins

Yeah this was actually supposed to posted yesterday but since i was running off of fumes (literally fumes) after my first day of chemo I got you guys today. My morning began at the crack of dawn. Like 5:30 my dad woke me up reminding me of the obvious, that I had to be at the hospital at 8 for chemo. So I had a pulmonary function test before chemo began to make sure the chemo didn't totally kill my lungs, you all know I was hoping they would deem me unfit but of course my lungs were fine. So I had my chemo education class. Home girl was thorough she broke chemo down like never before and honestly I took two things from the class. First, if my temp is 100.5 I better be on my way to an emergency room. Second, I'm doing all I can, the nurses and hospital staff are doing their part and the rest is up to God! That was my selling point of course.

She talked about the fatigue, hair loss, nausea, weight loss, and the fact that my already non existent immune system will be further diminished. Oh yeah and did I mention I can die. I love how death is always a side effect. But then they began to make my chemo solutions. It takes 90 minuets to make so tomorrow I will be calling ahead. In the mean time I was given fluids with electrolytes, potassium,nausea medicine, and Tylenol. Yeah intense right. So the nurse putting my IV in drained me, because she went for a vein I really feel like she shouldn't have but hey I'm no nurse so who am I to judge. They whipped up my batch of chemo and my slow drip began. I wasn't super comfy but I was okay until the nausea and the headache kicked in. The fluids kept making me have to pee and every time I got up I felt nauseous, I'm sure you all can see how this whole chemo thing became irritating.

Lets just say my first day of chemo was NOT the business.

xoxo
Marecya

Follow Me Here

5 comments:

  1. Rec, this is fabulous! I'm so glad you're doing this and had no idea you were such a fab writer! I will def be following and keeping up, in addition to praying and visiting. I'm so glad you're sharing, and that you have a forum for it. You truly rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so inspiring! You are in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Babe...thanks for the update. This blog is a blessing for all involved. I look forward to walking this journey with you in everyway I can. Nausea is the pits along with a headache??? Yup..you were challenged. 1 day to check off...hugs and kisses. !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marecya, I got your blog info from She! I'm glad I have it because now I can follow it and continue to keep you in my prayers! Stay strong, if you don't have my number...welp (lol) here it is (240) 640-0641. Call me sometime... I'm following...so don't stop writing. Who knows, this may turn into a book. Love you boop! TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made it and you will keep on making just continue to super size Faith

    ReplyDelete