Sunday, January 6, 2013

Here we go again...

School started off great! The only thing I was weary about was my capstone seminar only because it A. Pass or Fail and B. It was only offered in the Fall but, other than that I was having it up! So press the FF button on life and lets press play just before Hurricane Sandy decided to grace the east coast with her presence. I didn't mind Sandy dropping by initially because campus was closed and classes were canceled, just like a little kid waiting for their school system to roll across the news channel I was waiting for the campus closed alert to come to my phone. Then there it was in big bold letters CAMPUS CLOSED! In addition to myself not having class neither of my parents had to work and my sister stayed home from work as well. Can you say family time and a nice big family breakfast, I was thrilled needless to say. My dad pretty much is THE MAN at his job and I like to think without his brains his entire school would fall apart, yeah my dad is that amazing.

 Well everyone knows no school means well, no school but along with that comes boredom. So while my sister and I were twiddling our thumbs watching reruns of sex in the city. So i'm laying on the floor and the pain from March is back with vengeance. My side hurts, since I decided to stop playing with pain I told my sister my side hurt she said what do you wanna do I said go to the emergency room, her response Marecya your dramatic. She proceeded to go get my mom and my mom asked the same series of questions where does it hurt? how does it feel? why does it hurt? SERIOUSLY MOM?!?! I DON'T KNOW WHY IT HURTS! My mom got tired of my attitude quickly and went back upstairs. I could only take a few more minuets of pain so I got up and got myself ready to go to the emergency room. I put on some camo pants, hoodie, uggs and handy dandy north face and I was ready to go, the only thing that was stopping me was my sisters car that was parked behind me. I nicely asked her to move it she asked where I was going I said the ER she said why I said because we got into an argument I rolled my eyes and went back upstairs. I then asked my mom to move my sisters car and the same thing happened I finally gave up and moved her car on my own and drove myself to the emergency room.

 Before I could leave my neighborhood I received an angry call from my dad he apparently didn't like the way I made the executive decision to take myself to the emergency. So I got there checked myself in and the infamous emergency room wait begun. I was there from 3 pm until 12 am. The told me all of the things I already knew. My liver was fine, my kidneys were fine,and I wasn't pregnant. I knew things were on and popping when they decided to give me a CT scan. God had answered my prayers and I knew I was going to get a verdict soon. I drank the nasty drink and they gave me the scan. I knew it was getting real when Dr. Mango ( yes mango I made a joke about him having a fruit name) said thy saw a mass in my lower right abdomen. I instantly knew a few things 1. It was not a mass or a cyst it was another tumor and Dr. Mango needs to quit faking on me. 2. Somebody needed to call Dr. Steren and tell him to meet me at Holy Cross Hospital. Lastly I was going to have another surgery. So they put in my transfer papers for Holy Cross and off we went. I was supposed to be immediately, but you see I hadn't eaten all day long so we stopped at home for a sammich ;) Then we went to Holy Cross. Me and dad got to Holy Cross and the real wait began. I got a few more tests and then finally they gave me drugs for the pain. Okay my FAV DRUG EVER is called Dilodid (sp) it knocked me out so fast, it felt like a wave crashing into me, yeah it sounds creepy but I felt so good. At 7 am they finally admitted me to my hospital room. I was put on a liquid diet given the goods to make me have the runs and I was scheduled for surgery at 6 am Thursday November 1, 2012. Annoying right... I had like 5 different breakdowns on Wednesday. However shout out to my good company they stayed with me into the wee hours of the morning and my boyfriend (who you will get the back story on later) stayed with me in the baby sized hospital bed all night. So the next morning they took me down for surgery I wasn't as nervous this time Dr. Steren met with me and told me what I needed to know he changed into what he called his "play clothes" and he operated on me again for the second time in 6 months. This one was going to be was worse than the first one.

XOXO,
Marecya

Follow Me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment