Sunday, January 27, 2013

Life's setbacks

So somewhere in my perfect little world I thought that I would go have chemo, lose my hair, everything would go as planned and I would be fine, right...WRONG! My whit blood count has dropped below 400. Yeah, its supposed to be 2500-4000, but since poison was being flooded into my body everyday for a week 1000 is acceptable. So how did my counts drop to under 400 well I couldn't tell you that. What I can tell you is that when I got my blood drawn on January 17th it was 700, and when I got my blood drawn January 23rd it was under 400. So they have decided to postpone my chemotherapy for a week to make sure they don't completely kill whats left of my white blood cells, also known as my immune system.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if my current 3 week cycle didn't perfectly allow me to still participate in all the events I wanted to. Pretty much THIS SUCKS! I know I have cancer so I should be worried about my health but I actually like to consume myself in other things. I absolutely love it when I forget that I have cancer. When I go to Bowie State games and see my teammates cheering sucks, but times like that I actually forget that I have cancer, and I'm in between chemo cycles. I couldn't tell you why I do but i look forward to those moments.

I really hope my WBC comes back up, but the only reason I want them to come up is so i'm not confines to the house and I can forget for a few more moments that i'm sick. So when I called momo to ask her what can I do to speed this up she told me nothing but rest. -_- I HATE RESTING! It's not me i'm active I like to move around and be out and about doing something anything, but since i'm more scared of my grandmother then my doctor rest is what I shall be doing. I go get my blood drawn again on Monday morning and I pray my counts are back up because if they are not I can't say I can stay in this house much longer. If anyone has any home remedies. or herbal solutions i'm down for trying alomst anything at least once. Leave a comment with any suggestions :)

XOXO,
Marecya

Follow Me Here

2 comments:

  1. You are so brave and I know you will get through this time! I have your blog labelled under a folder called "courage"

    What are the doctors suggesting you eat to get better? I know stinging nettles tea provides minerals. I also know non-dairy milks are less nausea-inducing. Rice and almond milk are very good!

    Sending loads of prayers and love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Kris Carr has the best books on cancer out there. I would really recommend her because she's a young woman with cancer. She definitely talks about food.

    ReplyDelete