Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What The HECK???....I'm Pregnant?!?!?!


After complaining for nearly a month about back and side pain, I finally collapsed after arriving home late one night, clutching my side unable to move with tears streaming down my face my father decided to take me to the emergency room. I was convinced I was dying...okay i'm being dramatic, but I was in some serious pain. Hours later and a few good drugs in my system I was sent home and the next morning was off to the doctor for some tests. With my handy dandy friend in tow we were off to my ultrasound appointment to see what was causing the pain. We waited...and waited and waited, then finally I was called back to the exam room. In my opinion ultrasounds are already weird enough the cold blue gel, your shirt is up but not off ehhh just not my cup of tea. Everything was going well liver looked good, kidneys looked good appendix looked good. I was beginning to think maybe I was fine, then the technician said "your pregnant!" PREGNANT?!?!  See what you did right there..Yeah same thing I did when the the technician told me that I was a whole 20 weeks preggers. Disrespectful right...yeah I know. 20 weeks pregnant that's 4 months.

That's half of a whole pregnancy, and that was not what she was supposed to say, I was still convinced I had appendicitis! That's what webmd does to you, it makes you crazy. So after my obvious frustration with the tech she reminded me that she was not the doctor and he would have to confirm her findings...smh yeah that made me feel so much better. Once my heart rate dropped back to normal she added "well if it is a baby it's not alive and the pregnancy is not viable" I know you are thinking she can't be serious, oh but I am so serious. Let's just say I had a very heated phone call with my primary care physician who just ran a pregnancy test on me earlier that day. So after another visit to my primary care physician, my OB/GYN, and what felt like thousands of blood tests and scans later I was told I was not pregnant and instead I had a mass that was huge kinda like a 20 week old fetus (I later found out that they type of tumor I have looks like a fetus from the view of an ultrasound) My mass was bigger than a newborn baby's head (which is 10 cm btw). Oh but don't worry it gets better, the mass was wrapped around my right ovary and they both needed to come out...draining right.

My first thought was OMG! I'm never going to have kids, yeah well if I would have paid attention in health class during the sex and reproduction section I would have known that's why God blessed us ladies with two ovaries in case something happens to one you always have a spare. So the next step was to the have a visit with the man who would be holding the knife. March 30th I was scheduled to see a gynecological oncologist who informed me of the severity of the mass and that I needed surgery right away. I asked Dr. Steren so many questions and so many more hypothetical questions (always have to cover the what-if's) of anything that could happen, he provided me with answers that instilled me with so much confidence in him, so I was ready not really but ready enough. Although I was super scared and nervous It was planned April 5, 2012 at 5pm I was going under the knife. I was going to undergo my first surgery and what I thought would be my last, but more important it was what I just knew would be the solution to all my life issues right....wrong, it would only be right that my series of unfortunate events were just beginning.

XOXO,

Marecya

Follow Me Here

2 comments:

  1. quite the story champ. Glad I read it through to the ending.....Cheers as you travel the glorious champions road and may all strength, peace and joy be manifest upon you!!! #BlessUp

    ReplyDelete