Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Things That Keep Us Strong

Then Ron introduced himself a cancer survivor turned volunteer who gave me the most elaborate story in life. To sum his cancer story up he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma and he saw the light about 5 times. He had 2 stokes, lost his eyesight temporarily, became a vegetable then turned his life around and here he stands before you today. Lol if you think I was being dramatic I promise I wasn't. Oh yeah he used to be an alcoholic R&B singer true story I am not making this up but the one thing I got from Ron's story is to never give up on myself.

They sent him home to die and he pushed through everything. God said if there was one thing he won't do and that's leave you or forsake you. My faith in God is stronger than this. Obviously I get depressed because I'm human and every morning I wake up to hair on my pillow is saddens me, the same way I get depressed when I look at me body in the mirror and see all of my skin discoloration or my battle wounds as I like to call them, but through it all one thing that always comes to me is God gives his biggest battles to his toughest soldiers.

 My struggle is something unimaginable to me at my age but the strength I'm learning even though I may fail before I succeed is something that will humble me for the years to come in my life.

XOXO,
Marecya

Follow Me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment